30 March 2006

PC World customer service

I have discovered that there is a problem with the memory on one of my PCs. This causes Windows to hang and occasionally to corrupt sub-directories of the C:\WINDOWS directory. Luckily, for the latter, I take regular backups and am able to restore the directories.

The memory is PNY 256MB PC2700 DIMM 184 pins DDR 333 MHz and it carries a 10 year guarantee.

Yesterday, around 9am, I telephone PC World in Orpington (0870 2420444) - as that is where I bought it about 18 months ago. I selected their "Business Customer" option from their automated system. But it seems that, as I bought it in the store and went through the tills and did not use a business account, that is not a "Business" transaction. The said they would pass my details to their service department so that they could call me back. It is not 24 hours later an still no phone call!

No comments: