15 September 2006

Who Vouched for me?

This month has been a bit of a problem with lots of unwanted telemarketting telephone calls on my private, TPS registered, ex-directory number!

But full marks to UNICEF. There are the first organisation that told me where they got my details from. It would appear that some kind (sic) soul entered my details on the vouch4me website. They knew my private phone number, address and old e-mail address. It took ages to find a contact telephone number of vouch4me as their website does not give it. For the record, vouch4me is part of

Data Locator Group Plc

Tel: 00 44(0) 1923 281700

Fax: 00 44(0) 1923 281723

64 Clarendon Road
Watford
Hertfordshire
United Kingdom
WD17 1DA

Having contacted Data Locator Group Plc they confirmed that my details had been entered onto a website in April 2004 - more than 17 months ago - and they were still giving my details to third parties.

At least now they have removed me from their database so hopefully the phone will not ring so often in the middle of an interesting TV program!

No comments: